Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Great and Powerful Teeny Weeny

It is incredibly difficult to type with the great and powerful Teeny Weeny in my lap. She feels the need to prop herself up on my arm at all points of the day.

Perhaps I should back track. Last Tuesday, my mom called me at work all frantic about the fact that I needed to get this wiener dog. Mini-dachhund to be precise. And since I have been in love with the idea of having one for...hmmmm...a majority of my life, I went with it. I snagged Bekah on my way out to Shakopee, scooped up my mom, and off to doggie heaven we went. Aka Warren and Deb's house. (Warren just happens to be my dad's best friend.) 30 minutes later, I had a spazzing bundle of energy flopping in my parents front yard.

So now it is all about the puppy. She is a full 8 weeks 5 days old, and every bit the boss lady. Testing me to see how much she will get away with and already spoiled rotten.

Sleeps in her little bed on the corner of the bed. So what she is a baby, but she must be touching me through the whole night, which usually leads to sleeping on my head by morning. This is truly uncomfortable, since I can't move in fear of squashing her. I don't like sleeping with animals, but she is fresh from the litter, and I would be okay with her staying on her bed, but she is a stubborn little mule.

Barking at me to play with her at all time. My butt is numb from sitting on the floor most of time.
Bossing me that it is late and she is tired, so I should be going to bed or holding her so she can sleep while I watch tv. She loves all my DVRed greats.

She's determined that she is above Curtis in our pack. What's that? Curtis' bedroom door is open. I, TW, should poop on his floor. The door is closed; ah, no problem, I will poop in front of it. Never once in Chris' room. Just Curtis'.

We did have to have a fight, last night, when she thought it would be okay to suddenly start peeing on the bed, when it was time for bed. Note: Yelling at babies to stop peeing only makes them run, while they continue to pee. Very sorry for that after 15 minutes in the bathroom.

Then there are the teeth that must be made of razors. Nip. Nip. Nip. CHOMP!

Uh oh. I am getting that look that it is time for pups to sleep.

No comments: